Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A round of applause to Mr. Johnny 'Apple'seed - Steve Jobs


Raise your glasses to the genius who gave a new meaning to the letter "i"

Today we lost the Albert Einstein of our day, Steve Jobs, founder and foward-thinker of Apple.

As I sit here typing away on my 13" MacBook Pro, while simultaneously texting on my iPhone 4G and listening to my latest iTunes playlist, it is difficult to even remember a functional day without an Apple product in my hand.

Half of my generation was born after Apple released the infamous "1984 Apple Macintosh Computer" commercial. A sort-of parody surrounding similar themes from the George Orwell novel, 1984 (a must read, that is based on the principles of totalitarianism, and the idea of a lingering "Big Brother" government). Apple's literature reference back in the 80's makes me love the brand even more. It is absolutely witty.

Steve Jobs and Apple have come a lonngggg way since 1984. And more importantly so has the technological world. While Orwell was slightly off on both the year and tech advancements, he wasn't so far off in his prediction about technology having a major impact on the government and our lifestyle. I don't think that Apple was trying to make a political statement (if anything just a literary joke), but I do believe that the company and legendary CEO had a vision that would eventually take us into another technological dimension. Apple and Jobs have always been one step ahead.  

Jobs set an extremely competitive pace for every company. Apple competitors are still playing catch up. From 1984, to the iPod, to the day iTunes brought back the Beatles, to the release of the iPad, we haven't been bored. And I truly believe that Apple will continue setting the example and paving the way.

I can't doubt that his passing came at an extraordinary time -  just in time for the launch date of the iPhone 4S. A spike in sales? Perhaps. All I can say is, he did it again.

Although his net worth is beyond words and numbers, I believe he led a passionate life. Thank you Steve, for your remarkable vision and for enabling everyone to have a piece of it at their fingertips.

If you'd like to share thoughts about his legacy email remembersteve@apple.com
Remembering Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment