Thursday, July 12, 2012

It's so much easier when sea foam green is in fashion



My first experience with the color seafoam green was back in 2001-2002 on the Morning View Incubus album.

Are You In was a favorite of mine ...
"It's so much easier
When sea foam green
Is in fashion".

Man I was cool... Little did I know seafoam green WOULD be in fashion and IS actually awesome. My melodramatic, teenage, prima donna, slightly emmo self would be mortified to know that Incubus would have such a "mainstream" lyric. I digress.

Seafoam, mint, cool cucumber or whatever you want to call it has truly made a place for itself this summer amidst the seasonally popular eye-catching neons and vintage florals. Seafoam no longer equates to kitchen cleaners and tacky 60s accents. I now think serene scenes, ethereal, vintage touches and milky textures.

Now go! Be seafoamy!

P.S. Mint chip ice cream is ONLY good if its green (white doesn't count).





























2 comments:

  1. I love this color & this post made me love even more!

    www.hendrixbespoke.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy snicolh - Thanks for checking out my blog! Glad sea foam green inspires you just as much as it does me ;)

      Delete